Re: Last gasp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Last gasp
Дата
Re: Last gasp  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> That is just not true. See the attached graph (couldn't produce one
> with better resolution at short notice) - I've just eyeballed the
> graph, but it looks like an upward trend to me.

[ scratches head... ]  That's supposed to be total lines of code in our
source tree?  What's the big drop in late 2009, then?

Other than that one-time whatever-it-was, it looks to me like the growth
rate has been roughly constant since about 2003.  There might be some
acceleration lately but then again there might not.  In any case, total
SLOC doesn't have that much to do with volume or complexity of patches.

What I'd be interested to see is number of lines changed per unit time;
that would be a much better measure of patch rate IMHO.