Re: 8.2.0 Tarball vs. REL8_2_0 vs. REL8_2_STABLE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2.0 Tarball vs. REL8_2_0 vs. REL8_2_STABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matt Miller" <pgsql@mattmillersf.fastmail.fm> writes:
> Yes, I could not at first apply to REL8_2_0 because the patch file
> wanted to patch src/backend/parser/gram.c.  At that point I started over
> with a fresh REL8_2_0, ran "./configure; make", and tried the patch
> again.  That's when I got a bunch of failures and fuzz.  The problem
> files are:

This most likely means that you have a different version of bison
installed than was used to build the release tarballs.

> Now I have two questions.  First, why does pgcluster patch derived
> files?

I suppose because they think people might not have bison installed,
but on the whole it's a pretty bad idea.

Сообщение: Re: effective_cache_size vs units
Сообщение: Re: effective_cache_size vs units