Re: Why is fncollation in FunctionCallInfoData rather than fmgr_info?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Why is fncollation in FunctionCallInfoData rather than fmgr_info?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/05/2018 04:57 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> But we don't really change the
> collation of function invocations per-call.

Is that true? (Not a rhetorical question; I'm unsure.)

Is your argument that the expression's collation is determined once
for each call /site/, and thereafter doesn't change over repeated
invocations via any one call site, and a unique FmgrInfo is
populated at each call site?

This is at the edges of my current understanding of how those gears
turn, so it could very well be true, but it seems to me that's how
the question would have to be put.

-Chap