Re: BUG #5732: parsing of: "WHERE mycol=123AND ..."

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5732: parsing of: "WHERE mycol=123AND ..."
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Josh Kupershmidt" <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> I noticed that Postgres in many cases will happily tokenize WHERE clauses
> having no space between a condition and "AND" or "OR".

This has nothing to do with AND or OR.  Any situation where you have
some digits followed by something that can't be part of a number will
be lexed as two separate tokens.  I'm not sure we could change that,
because it's a pretty basic aspect of a flex lexer; and even if we
could I'm not eager to face the wrath of all the users whose queries
would break.  Leaving out "unnecessary" spaces is a pretty common habit.