Re: can't create database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: can't create database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"John Liu" <johnl@emrx.com> writes:
> I already set the 2nd port for the new
> installation, otherwise, postmaster will not
> start up ...

But your client-side programs are still talking to the port where the
old postmaster is.

You could set PGPORT in their environment to fix that.  What I find more
convenient, though, when I intend to run multiple installations on one
machine, is to build each one with "--with-pgport=XXXX" added to the
configure switches, choosing a different default port XXXX for each.
Then you don't have to worry about switching PGPORT environment (only
about putting the right version of psql first in your path ...)