Re: BUG #4296: Server crashes by restoring database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4296: Server crashes by restoring database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Michal Szelag" <msz@szel.pl> writes:
> i have a server crash by retoring database.

> I try to retore my database from a custom package with pg_restore and prom a
> plain package with psql. In both i have the same problem, psl and pg_restore
> outputs:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputCopyData: server closed
> the connection unexpectedly

You're evidently tripping over some kind of bug, but we can't help you
without a lot more detail than this.  Try to identify the exact command
that's crashing (hint: turn on log_statements and watch the postmaster
log).  See if you can put together a self-contained script that causes
the crash.  That will let us fix the problem, and it might let you find
a workaround to reload your data even in advance of a real fix.