Re: [PERFORM] Sun Donated a Sun Fire T2000 to the PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Sun Donated a Sun Fire T2000 to the PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>>> Interesting. We (some Japanese companies including SRA OSS,
>>> Inc. Japan) did some PG scalability testing using a Unisys's big 16
>>> (physical) CPU machine and found PG scales up to 8 CPUs. However
>>> beyond 8 CPU PG does not scale anymore. The result can be viewed at
>>> "OSS iPedia" web site (http://ossipedia.ipa.go.jp). Our conclusion was
>>> PG has a serious lock contention problem in the environment by
>>> analyzing the oprofile result.

Can you retry this test case using CVS tip?  I'm curious to see if
having partitioned the BufMappingLock helps ...

Сообщение: Re: On-disk bitmap index patch
Сообщение: Re: On-disk bitmap index patch