Re: Exclude constraint using custom operator

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Exclude constraint using custom operator
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tobia Conforto <tobia.conforto@gruppo4.eu> writes:
> Stated differently, is there a simple way to extend or "subclass" the builtin range_ops operator family, adding my
ownoperator to it, so that I can use it in an exclude index?

No.  In a GIST opclass, the set of supported operator strategies is
determined by the code in the opclass support functions (primarily,
what the "consistent" function knows how to do).  You'd have to go
fiddle with that C code before you could add a new operator to the
opclass.

От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: what database schema version management system to use?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: what database schema version management system to use?