Re: HP-UX shared library installation is incorrect

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: HP-UX shared library installation is incorrect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:
> 1. the libraries are installed with their base names such as
>    'libpq.sl' being regular files, with versioned names being
>    symbolic links to the base names:
>    This should be the other way around:

Probably so.  I had not realized that HP's linker is affected by which
way the symlinks run, but it appears that it is.

> 2. the versioned names are possibly incorrect: 'libpq.sl.2' should be
>    'libpq.2' by analogy to the libc example above.

This I disagree with: I consider HP's naming convention ugly and
misleading.  ".sl" should be in the name *somewhere*.

The open-source libraries I have on my machine seem to mostly put the
version number after .sl, eg

lrwxrwxrwx   1 gnu        users           14 Apr 27  2000 libgdbm.sl@ -> libgdbm.sl.2.0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 gnu        users           14 Apr 27  2000 libgdbm.sl.2@ -> libgdbm.sl.2.0
-r-xr-xr-x   1 gnu        users        45203 Nov 18  1999 libgdbm.sl.2.0*

I'd be in favor of following this convention.