Re: pgmonitor patch for query string

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgmonitor patch for query string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> I'm saying no because it doesn't fix any known bugs, it *adds* another
> feature ... we are *months* too late in the cycle for that ...

I thought it was a pretty good idea even without any consideration for
Bruce's monitor program.  The advantage is that one would be able to
extract the current query from a crashed backend's core dump, even if
the backend had been compiled without debug symbols.  Right now you can
only find out the query if you had compiled with debug, because you have
to be able to look at local variables of functions.  And there are an
awful lot of people who don't use debug-enabled builds...

Given that and the low-risk nature of the patch, I vote for it.