Re: 8.4.12 log truncation not working?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.4.12 log truncation not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
pg noob <pgnube@gmail.com> writes:
> For some reason the log truncation doesn't seem to be working on my server.
> I have set log_rotation_age to 1 day and log_truncate_on_rotation to on.
> I don't have any periodic scheduled Postgres restarts but the server does
> get restarted frequently.

There is a known issue that the server will append rather than
truncating at the first rotation opportunity after a restart.
So if "frequently" means "more than once a day", that would explain
your results.  This was complained of recently:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-07/msg00116.php
but nobody's done anything about it yet.