Re: Copyright notice for contrib/cube?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Copyright notice for contrib/cube?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jay Levitt <jay.levitt@gmail.com> writes:
> Marti Raudsepp wrote:
>> Please don't add that, just change 2011 to 2012. This is what the wiki says:
>> Q: May I add my own copyright notice where appropriate?

> To clarify, this is for an extension to be distributed separately on PGXN
> and GitHub, not for a contribution to the PostgreSQL distribution. It will
> differ greatly from contrib/cube when it's done, but cube is the scaffolding
> I'm starting with.

If you don't have any ambitions of eventually getting the code into
Postgres contrib or core, then you can pretty much add any copyright
notice or terms you like.  The wiki text Marti is quoting is only meant
to cover code that is submitted for inclusion in Postgres.

> - cube seems to post-date any work at UC. Should I still include the
> "Portions Copyright (c) 1994, The Regents of the University of California"?

We typically do that even in new files, on the grounds that there is
almost always a certain amount of copying-and-pasting involved in a new
file, and so some part of it could be traced to UCB if you tried hard
enough.  In any event, if we were to get really anal about it, we'd be
trying to have the exact same copyright notice in every single file,
and that one-size-fits-all version would definitely have to credit UCB.