Re: Skipping errors when running scripts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Skipping errors when running scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
John Gardner <john.gardner@tagish.co.uk> writes:
> For instance, when I run a script in SQL Server, and it comes across a
> problem e.g. It tries to drop a table that doesn't exist, it will notify
> me of the error, and then continue on.  With PostgreSQL (or at least
> running scripts in pgAdmin III) the script runs, comes across the error
> and then rolls back to before the script was run.

It sounds like you're running the script as a single transaction (ie,
inside a begin/commit block).  Don't do that if you don't want rollback.

I don't know pgAdmin well enough to know how to adjust its behavior
for running scripts, but there's probably a knob someplace.  Or use
plain psql.