Re: Amazing performance failure with SQL function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Amazing performance failure with SQL function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is repeatable. I expect a little regression because we have to
> compile the SQL but 14 seconds?

generate_series is a quite efficient C function.  I think it's pretty
damn good that the overhead of a SQL function on top of that is only 2X.

Or were you expecting the SRF to be inlined?  If so, you need to
(a) be using 8.4, (b) mark it STABLE or IMMUTABLE.