[HACKERS] pg_catversion builtin function

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема [HACKERS] pg_catversion builtin function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

Attached is a new builtin function that exposes the CATALOG_VERSION_NO
constant under the pg_catversion() function, e.g.

test=# SELECT pg_catversion();
  pg_catversion
      201612121
(1 row)

Although it mostly useful during the development cycle to verify if
dump/restore is needed; it could have other use-cases.

I'm unsure of the OID assignment rules - feel free to point me towards
information regarding this.

I'll register this patch with the next CF.

Best regards,
  Jesper