Re: conflict txns in serialization isolation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: conflict txns in serialization isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Yi LIN <ylin30@cs.mcgill.ca> writes:
> Read-committed is different from Snapshot in that
> Read-Committed txn will read data committed before read operation starts
> but snapshot txn will read data committed before the whole txn starts.

That's a true statement for SELECT, but a read-committed UPDATE will
in fact find and update the latest version of the row; it won't cause
changes to be lost, even if they occurred after the UPDATE statement as
a whole started.  The same is true of SELECT FOR UPDATE.

I'm not sure how that relates to your previous observations though.
Can you duplicate the apparent misbehavior in psql?  I can't.