Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
>> On using mktemp, linux compilation gives below warning
>> warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
>>
>> So I planned to use mkstemp.

> Good.

On my HPUX box, the man page disapproves of both, calling them obsolete
(and this man page is old enough to vote, I believe...)

Everywhere else that we need to do something like this, we just use our
own PID to disambiguate, iesprintf(tempfilename, "/path/to/file.%d", (int) getpid());
There is no need to deviate from that pattern or introduce portability
issues, since we can reasonably assume that no non-Postgres programs are
creating files in this directory.