Re: WAL file size vs. data file size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL file size vs. data file size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ben Chobot <bench@silentmedia.com> writes:
> Today I tried to restore a 70GB database with the standard "pg_dump -h old_server <�> | psql -h new_server <�>"
method.I had 100GB set aside for WAL files, which I figured surely would be enough, because all of the data, including
indices,is only 70GB. So I was a bit surprised when the restore hung mis-way because my pg_xlogs directory ran out of
space.

> Is it expected that WAL files are less dense than data files?

Yes, that's not particularly surprising ... but how come they weren't
getting recycled?  Perhaps you had configured WAL archiving but it was
broken?

От: rihad
Сообщение: Are pg_xlog/* fiels necessary for PITR?
От: Ben Chobot
Сообщение: Re: WAL file size vs. data file size