Re: Phantom user in db--'128'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Phantom user in db--'128'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Taber, Mark" <Mark.Taber@dof.ca.gov> writes:
> While using pg_dump and pg_restore (or attempting to restore, more
> precisely), the process failed because of a missing user, user '128'. I
> never created such a user, and when going to Privileges, such a user does
> not exist in the list. However, while going out and checking some of the
> tables, this user shows up as a user with privileges on them (however, not
> on all tables). How do I get rid of this user? And how do I ensure that it
> doesn't get created again?  I'd like to understand what is really going on

You had a user with usesysid 128, whom you dropped, but he still had
privileges on some tables --- DROP USER is not good about detecting
dangling references.

I'd suggest recreating the user (CREATE USER foo WITH SYSID 128) and
then being careful to REVOKE all his privileges before you drop him
again.  Or you can just manually edit the dump file to remove the
attempts to GRANT him privileges.