Re: trying to pattern match to a value contained in a column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: trying to pattern match to a value contained in a column
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Beth Gatewood <bethg@mbt.washington.edu> writes:
> I hope this isn't because I am using 6.3 (yes...I know it is very very
> old but this is currently where the data is!)

> here is the query:
> select * from av34s1 where chromat ~~ ('%' || sample || '%');
> ERROR:  parser: syntax error at or near "||"

I seem to recall that || (and most other operators) wasn't
considered associative by the grammar way back when.
Try a fully parenthesized expression:

select * from av34s1 where chromat ~~ (('%' || sample) || '%');
        regards, tom lane

PS: And do think about updating soon, hmm?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: