Re: Test "tablespace" fails during `make installcheck` on master-replica setup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Test "tablespace" fails during `make installcheck` on master-replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It would be really nice if we would detect that some other postmaster is
> already using a given tablespace directory and to throw an error and
> complain rather than starting up thinking everything is fine.

In principle, we could have the postmaster run through $PGDATA/pg_tblspc
and drop a lockfile into each referenced directory.  But the devil is in
the details --- in particular, not sure how to get the right thing to
happen during a CREATE TABLESPACE.  Also, I kinda doubt that this is going
to fix anything for the replica-on-same-machine problem.