Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> Perhaps I'm a bit to visionary. But I really think you (the core
> commitee) need to consider this.

[ looks at Bruce's and Marc's quite independent responses ... ]  I think
the core committee has made it perfectly clear that we don't want to
take this on.

Let's be clear: the idea of having someone select, test, and bundle
PostgreSQL-plus-worthwhile-addons is a fine one.  It would be a great
way for some new people to make a big contribution to Postgres --- not
least because it requires different interests and skill sets than are
needed for working on any one of the components (and in this context,
the core server is just a component).  But if you're expecting the
present set of worker bees to pick up this job, don't hold your breath.

Сообщение: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Сообщение: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions