Re: WEIRD CRASH?!?!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WEIRD CRASH?!?!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Noah Silverman <noah@allresearch.com> writes:
> It actually looks like the problem was with file descriptors.  Our
> shell only had 1024 set, and we also have mysql running and using up a
> bunch of those.  We just upped to limit to 8000 to see it that would
> give postgres more room to breathe.

Ah-hah.  You might also want to set max_files_per_process (in
postgresql.conf) to something small enough to ensure Postgres can't run
you out of descriptors.  Linux has a bad habit of promising more than
it can deliver when Postgres asks how many FDs are okay to use.  The
max_files_per_process setting is useful to prevent Postgres from
believing whatever fairy-tale sysconf(3) tells it.