Re: [SQL] Argentinian timezone change at the last moment. How to change pgsql tz db?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] Argentinian timezone change at the last moment. How to change pgsql tz db?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Fernando Hevia" <fhevia@ip-tel.com.ar> writes:
> With 8.2.x the ARST abbreviation was recognized after including the
> following line in /usr/share/postgresql/8.2/timezonesets/Default

> ARST   -14400 D  # Argentina Summer Time

Um ... is that really offsetting in the correct direction?  What I put
into CVS was

ARST    -7200 D  # Argentina Summer Time

If that's wrong I need to know ...

> I wonder if pg_timezone_names plays any role in the ARST issue. It does
> contain the right data (appeared after copying tzdata into
> /usr/share/postgresql/timezone and restarting server) but ARST wasn't
> accepted till previous step was done.

Too tired to experiment, but you may need a "pg_ctl reload" or even a
restart to get PG to notice changes in your timezonesets file.