Re: [INTERFACES] Field types (was Re: Return value of int)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Field types (was Re: Return value of int)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hugh Lawson <hglawson@nr.infi.net> writes:
> I'm just getting started on fiddling with libpq.  I am wondering why
> this passage from man libpq doesn't address this issue?  I'm not being
> a smarty here, I just don't know the answer.

>  PQftype returns the field type associated with  the
>               given  field  index.  The  integer  returned  is an
>               internal coding of the type.

Unless I missed what D'Arcy was getting at, his point was that when
PQftype tells you the field type is, say, 23, how do you know what
that means?

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Field types (was Re: Return value of int)
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Field types (was Re: Return value of int)