Re: [REPOST] Problem for dumping a 6.5.2 database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [REPOST] Problem for dumping a 6.5.2 database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml@baguette.net> writes:
> I'm trying to dump a PostgreSQL 6.5.2. database table in order to add it
> in a PostgreSQL 7.3.3 database but I'm encountering some errors :

> --  reading user-defined functions
> getFuncs(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'pqReadData() --
> backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

> thedatabasename=> \d tablename;
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Looks to me like you've got some serious problems with corruption of the
system tables :-(

If you can SELECT from the tables you need, I'd suggest dumping out
their contents using COPY commands.  Then you can reload those data
files into a newer database (assuming you remember what the table
schemas were).  6.5.2 is old enough that I don't really remember how
to do any sort of data-recovery work with it...