Re: Serializable access giving wrong error messages?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Serializable access giving wrong error messages?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> What I meant is e.g.
>  update t set .. = .. where ...;
>  PostgreSQL ignores the tuples which don't satisfy the
>  where clause at the point when the query started(or
>  when the transaction started in serializable mode)
>  even though it happend to look already update/delete
>  (/insert)ed tuples.

Sure, but what we were discussing was the "duplicate key" error issued
by nbtinsert.c.  AFAICS that depends on latest-commit status, not on
snapshots.  Perhaps that behavior is itself a bug?  If so, how would
you change it?

Сообщение: Re: Serializable access giving wrong error messages?
Сообщение: Re: Serializable access giving wrong error messages?