Re: what's stored in pg_tblspc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: what's stored in pg_tblspc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> I am confused, I thought that there were only supposed to be links to
> the actual data in pg_tblspc ?

> I have a db defined in a tablspace, but in pg_tblspc there is 1.2G of
> data corrresponding to it?

Are you on a system that has symlinks?  Are you sure that whatever tool
you're using to count the space doesn't traverse symlinks?

IIRC, there is a corner case during replay-from-WAL where we'll create
a plain directory under pg_tblspc to substitute for a symlink (if the
symlink isn't there and we don't have the information to recreate it).
I don't believe it's easy to get into that state though.