Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 11:08:52AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> My point here that you shouldn't be using var->group to make any
>> semantic choices.  That's supposed to be a label for user convenience,
>> nothing else.

> Then what is the criterion to tell what is a custom variable and what isn't?

Why do you need to tell that?  IMHO, once the DefineCustomFoo function
has been executed, it should be exactly like any other variable (other
than having a funny name).

Сообщение: Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values
Сообщение: Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values