Re: savepoint improvements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: savepoint improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At a minimum we need to stop forcing a rollback just because we have a
> syntax error. It makes development a complete pain in the butt and is
> one of the most, "WTF" looks I get when I am training.

> postgres=# begin;
> BEGIN
> postgres=# create table foo (bar ints);
> ERROR:  type "ints" does not exist
> postgres=# create table foo (bar int);
> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block
> postgres=#

ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK is what you are looking for.

regression=# \set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK on
regression=# begin;
BEGIN
regression=# create table foo (bar ints);
ERROR:  type "ints" does not exist
LINE 1: create table foo (bar ints);                             ^
regression=# create table foo (bar int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# commit;
COMMIT
regression=#