Re: Passing arguments to views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Passing arguments to views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <pgsql@markdilger.com> writes:
> If we are talking about inserting the function definition into the
> query as a subquery and then letting the parser treat it as a
> subquery, then I see no reason to use either the existing function or
> view subsystems.  It sounds more like we are discussing a macro
> language.

Which is pretty much what a SQL function is already.  I don't see a need
to invent a separate concept.  To the extent that macros have different
semantics than functions (eg, multiple evaluation of arguments) the
differences are generally not improvements IMHO ...

Сообщение: Re: Passing arguments to views
Сообщение: Re: Passing arguments to views