Re: BUG #17315: Postgresql needs reinstall after restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17315: Postgresql needs reinstall after restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> After restore, when trying to start postgres by "systemctl start postgres"
> errors are logged:

> /usr/lib/postgresql/14/bin/postgres: error while loading shared libraries:
> libicui18n.so.63: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

I don't see any reason to call that a Postgres bug.  Postgres certainly
did not remove that library --- even if it tried, it wouldn't have the
privileges to do so.  My guess is that you (or some administrative
process) incorrectly uninstalled that version of libicui18n some time ago,
but the existing PG server kept running because it had an open handle to
the shared library file.  After process shutdown, the kernel finished
removing the now-unreferenced library file, and then of course starting
PG up again would fail.