Re: EOL for 8.2 (was Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EOL for 8.2 (was Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Better that someone should just focus on whipping Robert's (or was it
> Greg's?) replace-the-missing-casts package into shape as an extension.

I think Peter originated that, actually.  My recollection is that there
didn't seem to be any way to extend it to a complete solution, and
besides which it's really a crutch to avoid fixing bugs in your
application.  Still, if someone does want to expend more work on it
I wouldn't object.