Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 10 May 2017 17:13:50 Ron Ben wrote:
> Not possible
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/
>
> To upgrade I do: apt-get install postgresql-9.3
> There is no way to "roll back" from here.
> I can not choose which version to install, it install the latest version
> packed for debian. Currently its 9.3.16
> The docuntation says that upgrading minor version is just "replacing the
> executables", so there has to be a way to save them on the side for roll
> back. If not, the documntation is insuffecent. We all know that sometimes
> even the smallest change can cause troubles.

Download the old packages from the repository. You can use dpkg to manually
downgrade them if needed.  You can also use dpkg to get a list of the files in
any particular package if you want to save them manually.

Or you should ask your system administrator for help.

This is not a PostgreSQL issue and that's why it (and many other things) are
not in the docs. Every version of Linux uses a different package manager. The
system administrator needs to know how to use it.