Re: "Garbled" postgres logs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Garbled" postgres logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
tgoodair@ca.afilias.info (Tim Goodaire) writes:
> I've compared the libc and kernel versions between a misbehaving machine and a
> machine that is logging properly and they're the same:

[ scratches head... ]  So what's different?

Anyway, if you are interested in trying to cut libc out of the equation,
the patch I had in mind goes like this (against 8.1)

            regards, tom lane

*** src/backend/utils/error/elog.c.orig    Thu Feb 22 03:11:50 2007
--- src/backend/utils/error/elog.c    Thu Apr  5 12:03:57 2007
***************
*** 1710,1716 ****
              write_eventlog(edata->elevel, buf.data);
          else
  #endif
!             fprintf(stderr, "%s", buf.data);
      }

      /* If in the syslogger process, try to write messages direct to file */
--- 1710,1716 ----
              write_eventlog(edata->elevel, buf.data);
          else
  #endif
!             write(fileno(stderr), buf.data, buf.len);
      }

      /* If in the syslogger process, try to write messages direct to file */
***************
*** 2043,2048 ****
--- 2043,2049 ----
  #ifndef WIN32
      /* On Unix, we just fprintf to stderr */
      vfprintf(stderr, fmt, ap);
+     fflush(stderr);
  #else

      /*
***************
*** 2058,2065 ****
--- 2059,2069 ----
          write_eventlog(EVENTLOG_ERROR_TYPE, errbuf);
      }
      else
+     {
          /* Not running as service, write to stderr */
          vfprintf(stderr, fmt, ap);
+         fflush(stderr);
+     }
  #endif