Re: pgAdmin auto-starting

От Ray O'Donnell
Тема Re: pgAdmin auto-starting
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 21/01/2019 09:29, Dave Page wrote:

> If the desktop-mode server is auto-starting, then it will
> automatically open a browser window. Normally though, the server
> doesn't run automatically (don't confuse my comments with what may
> happen when running in server *mode* - you always have a pgAdmin
> server, but you may use that in desktop or server mode. In server
> mode, auto-start is quite usual).
>
> So the question is, why is the desktop server app auto-starting on
> your system? I'm not familiar with KDE so can't really suggest why
> that's happening.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding. I think I've figured it out.... A bit more
Googling tells me that KDE automatically tries to restart programs which
are running when you shut it down - I didn't realise it did that, as I'm
fairly assiduous (not to say obsessive!) about shutting things down
before turning the machine off.

Anyway, if the pgAdmin server is running, then presumably KDE is
restarting it when I boot up, and so a window pops up.

The solution (not that it was a problem to begin with, really) was to
add "pgadmin4" to the list of "Applications to be excluded from
sessions" under System Settings -> Startup & Shutdown -> Desktop
Session. The window no longer pops up on boot, and I can start it when I
want to from the system menu.

Thanks again,

Ray.

--