Re: TOAST Table / Dead Tuples / Free Pages

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: TOAST Table / Dead Tuples / Free Pages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/13/24 01:08, Kashif Zeeshan wrote:
> Hi
>
> You can use the CLUSTER command, which will physically reorder the table
> based on index, effectively reducing the size of the table without using
> VACUUM.

 From OP:

"I don’t want to use VACUUM FULL due to the exclusive lock."

 From here

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-cluster.html

"When a table is being clustered, an ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock is acquired
on it. This prevents any other database operations (both reads and
writes) from operating on the table until the CLUSTER is finished."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com