Re: psql's EDITOR behavior on Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql's EDITOR behavior on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavlo Golub <pavlo.golub@cybertec.at> writes:
> I cannot find the reason why EDITOR value on Windows is quoted.

The comment you quoted explains it: apparently people expect
paths-with-spaces to work in that value without any manual quoting.

> One may force quote env var if he wants to.

Given the lack of prior complaints, I'm not sure we should change
this to support an editor that can't be made to work without special
command line switches.  We're likely to make more people unhappy
than happy ... especially if it's then impossible to set the variable
so that it works with both older and newer psql's.