Re: Increased company involvement

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Increased company involvement
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-hackers

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
     Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Thomas Hallgren, )
  Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Hannu Krosing, )
 Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  (Andrew Dunstan, )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      Re: Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
       Re: Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
       Re: Increased company involvement  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
    Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
   Re: Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Increased company involvement  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
  Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Kris Jurka, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Chris Travers, )
 Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  ("Nicolai Petri (lists)", )
  Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Kris Jurka, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (David Fetter, )
   Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
 Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 [OT] Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Tom Copeland, )
  Re: [OT] Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Russell Smith, )
   Re: [OT] Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Mitch Pirtle, )

Andrew Dunstan <> writes:
> Regarding the secret code stuff - I predict that it will quickly bite
> whoever does it, unless they are extremely lucky.

Yeah.  Bruce and I were worrying about this on the phone today.
If a company is doing some work with the intent that it's a proprietary
extension they can sell, no problem --- the BSD license is specifically
intended to let them do that.  What's bothering us is the thought that
people are off in corners developing code that they think they are going
to contribute back into the community code base "after it's done".  Past
history shows that the odds of getting such things accepted into the PG
community code base are *very* bad if you didn't communicate with the
community from the start of your development process.

We'd like to avoid such unpleasant surprises, but how to get the word
out?

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-hackers по дате сообщения: