Re: plperl crash with Debian 6 (64 bit), pl/perlu, libwww and https

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plperl crash with Debian 6 (64 bit), pl/perlu, libwww and https
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 08/08/2011 05:03 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:
>> After giving it some more thought it seems reasonable to simply force the
>> SIGALRM handler back to postgres when a plperlu function returns:

>> pqsignal(SIGALRM, handle_sig_alarm);

> Maybe we need to do this in some more centralized spot. It seems
> unlikely that this problem is unique to plperlu, or even just confined
> to PLs.

No.  As I pointed out upthread, the instant somebody changes the SIGALRM
handler to a non-Postgres-aware one, you are already at risk of failure.
Setting it back later is just locking the barn door after the horses
left.  Institutionalizing such a non-fix globally is even worse.