Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
John Cusick <jcusick@exotrope.net> writes:
> I patched the 6.5.1 source yesterday to 6.5.2 and when making the perl
> interface I get the following error:
> 'PL_na' undeclared (first use this function)
> throughout the make process.

We've heard reports of that before.  Apparently, the low-level
interfaces to Perl have changed incompatibly in the recent past
(between 5.004 something and 5.005 something I think).

We have been looking for a Perl guru who knows how to make Pg.pm
work under both older and newer Perls --- breaking back revs to
work with the latest doesn't seem particularly appealing :-(

Know any Perl gurus?

> My system is a Redhat5.1 based running 2.2.10 with updated glibc as well
> as perl 5.004.04.

Are you sure it's not 5.005 something?  5.004_04 is what I'm using here,
and it seems perfectly happy with the current Pg.pm.  The folks who
reported this error before were using bleeding-edge Perls...