Re: Fwd: Need Help Enabling Remote Connections

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fwd: Need Help Enabling Remote Connections
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Jonathan Mast <jhmast.developer@gmail.com> writes:
> So I set the listen_addresses to '*' so that means the -i option should be
> irrelevant, right?

Yeah, they're the same thing.  Did you remember to restart the server
after changing that option?

What I'd do first is check "netstat -l --inet" to verify whether the
server is listening on port 5432 with a foreign address of "*.*".
If not, you haven't got the server configuration right yet.  If you
do see such an entry, then your problem is not with Postgres config.
I'd bet on the kernel firewall not being configured to pass traffic
for port 5432.