Re: [HACKERS] CVS target for docs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CVS target for docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgreSQL.org> writes:
> Is there a CVS target for docs? I don't like the idea to check the whole
> source out just to change ecpg.sgml.

If you're using cvs it's easy to update any particular subtree of the
distribution.  You do have to do a "cvs checkout pgsql" to populate the
whole tree once, but you don't have to update all of it frequently if
you don't want to --- just docd pgsql/doccvs update
to update everything under the doc subdirectory.

I'm not sure that it's real safe to update just part of the src tree
this way, since there are so often related changes in different parts
of the source.  But it oughta work just fine for tracking the docs
without the source.

AFAIK, CVSup has no comparable facility.