Re: "invalid contrecord" error on replica

От Adrien Nayrat
Тема Re: "invalid contrecord" error on replica
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh, I forgot to tell I was able to recover the secondary by replacing the
00000001000000AA000000A0 from the archives into pg_wal. Then the secondary were
able to finish recovery, start streaming replication and fetch subsequent wals.

I wondered why there was a CHECKPOINT_SHUTDOWN record. I dig a little more:

First, the filesystem on primary were full and I got :

PANIC: could not write to file "pg_wal/xlogtemp.305": No space left on device

The instance crashed and restarted in recovery mode.
At the end of the recovery I got:
checkpoint starting: end-of-recovery immediate
checkpoint complete: ...

Then a FATAL message:
FATAL: could not write to file "pg_wal/xlogtemp.9405": No space left on device

Followed by:
aborting startup due to process failure

Maybe it is this checkpoint which were not replicated? The primary had enough
space for this record. But I don't understand how the secondary received records
beginning by AA/A1...

I googled about this and I found other similar issues:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/15938-8591df7e95064538%40postgresql.org

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMp7vw97871F21X7FHHdmU2FXGME4HTgMYxkAubMdCU2xevmxQ%40mail.gmail.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/E73F4CFB-E322-461E-B1EC-82FAA808FEE6%40lifetrenz.com

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/15398-b4896eebf0bed218%40postgresql.org