Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Sep 7, 2022, at 4:09 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> Calling this a redesign is over-stating things, imv … and I’d much rather have the per-relation granularity than
predefinedroles for this, so there is that to consider too, perhaps.

Ok, now I'm a bit lost.  If I want to use Nathan's feature to create a role to vacuum and analyze my database on a
regularbasis, how does per-relation granularity help me?  If somebody creates a new table and doesn't grant those
privilegesto the role, doesn't that break the usage case?  To me, per-relation granularity sounds useful, but
orthogonal,to this feature.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types