Re: How do I enabled Windows 10 to be able to run PSQL etc

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: How do I enabled Windows 10 to be able to run PSQL etc
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> On Sep 7, 2019, at 5:26 AM, Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello experts,
>
> Ever since I found out I have a different versions of Postgresql residing in my PC, I have deleted the old version -
10and 7 altogether and installed version 11.

> So, all look good except that I can't use PSQL at all.
>
> Then, I found out that there is a security tied to using PSQL in Windows 10. However, I tried to alter the setting
forDESKTOP user to Full-Control I can't find a way to do it. Neither can I find anything from the internet.

> Please advise how do I alter the setting so that I can use PSQL freely.
>
> I had tried to use runpsql.batch after reading a Stackoverflow user advice.
>
> But, when I tried to do some psql comments, it doesn't work.
>
> What is that comment you might ask - which is my next problem - this comment is to allow me to merge a table which I
havecreated in PGAdmin 4 into a schema - membership which has 3 tables there already.

> The thing is that I found that the table which I have created, it is not able to appear under the schema -
memberships. But, when I used runpsql.batch, and use /l , it will show up as a table but under postgres.

> Now, in my PGAdmin 4, I did not create a user name either, it is also using postgres as user name so why is the table
notappear as a table even after I refreshed.

> So, I hope someone can tell me the solutions to the above problem.
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Karen

Without a user everything will be owned by Postgres account but that’s ok.
By ‘under postgres’ do you mean owned by Postgres in the public schema or in the postgres database. If the latter then
yourpgadmin connection settings need the name of the database to use. Your table needs to be fully qualified by adding
theschema name:
create table schema.table
You can use the alter table statement to reset the schema for the existing table or drop table/create table if that’s
easierfor you.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Christian Barthel
Сообщение: Re: libpq: How are result sets fetched behind the scene?
От: Karen Goh
Сообщение: Re: How do I enabled Windows 10 to be able to run PSQL etc