Re: psql: small patch to correct filename formatting error in '\s FILE' output

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: small patch to correct filename formatting error in '\s FILE' output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> If we did think that this specific backslash command needed to be able
> to print something other than the filename as-entered, I'd be inclined
> to just apply make_absolute_path() to the name, instead of relying on
> inadequate dead-reckoning.  However, that would require making
> make_absolute_path available in src/port/ or someplace, which seems
> a bit more than this "feature" is worth.  Why should \s, and \s alone,
> need to remind you where you're cd'd to?

It strikes me that a more useful "reminder" feature could be implemented
by having \cd itself print the new current directory, which it could do
with a simple call to getcwd(), thus not requiring refactoring of
make_absolute_path.  Then for instance if you'd forgotten where you
were, "\cd ." would tell you.