Re: Are there still non-ELF BSD systems?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Are there still non-ELF BSD systems?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The shared library code has some support for non-ELF BSD systems.  I
> suspect that this is long obsolete.  Could we remove it?  See attached.

I checked around a bit ... all of the *BSD systems in the buildfarm
report ELF_SYS='true', so it's safe to say that the code you want to
remove is untested.

Excavation in the various BSDens' change logs suggests that the last
one to fully drop a.out was OpenBSD, which didn't do so until 5.5
(released 1 May 2015).  That's more recent than I'd have hoped for,
though it looks like the holdout architectures were ones we don't
support anyway (e.g., m68k, vax).

If we're considering this change for v13, it's hard to believe
there'd be any objections in practice.