Re: crypt and null termination

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: crypt and null termination
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It seems to say that the salt passed to crypt should be null-terminated,

Hmm.  The HPUX man page for crypt() just says thatsalt is a two-character string chosen from the set [a-zA-Z0-9./]
which I think is the traditional spec.  Looks like BSD has adopted some
local extensions.

Note that the BSD page specifies that the extended salt format starts
with '_', which is not one of the allowed characters in the traditional
format.  I bet they check that before trying to fetch more than 2 bytes.
The second paragraph you quote doesn't say anything about null
termination.

Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a null byte ... couldn't hurt.