Re: Strange RETURN NEXT behaviour in Postgres 8.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange RETURN NEXT behaviour in Postgres 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Sergey E. Koposov" <math@sai.msu.ru> writes:
> Concerning to the exact form of my functions (using cursors, but still
> collecting all the data in the memory). As I understand this is the only one
> way (or just the simplest way ???)
> to execute fully dynamic queries returned by C function in PL/SQL.
> For the real functions which I use, instead of

> query = ''SELECT * FROM usno'';

> I have

> query = my_C_function(some_args);

Oh?  I'd make a small side bet that the underlying error is in your C
function --- possibly it's tromping on some data structure and the
damage doesn't have an effect till later.  If you can demonstrate the
problem without using any custom C functions then I'd be interested to
see a test case.